Saturday, January 1, 2011

806.4 Miles Broken CycloComputer Bracket

On December 24, 2010 When I was riding the Fantom 29 my cyclocomputer bracket broke. I had leaned my bike on the rail at the dam at Marsh Creek State Park and a good wind blew the bike over. The bracket cracked probably because it was so cold.


The bracket is integrated with the wheel sensor wire. The replacement kit is Cateye Part Number 169-9350. The cheapest I could find on the net was $16.45 including shipping. On Ebay I can get a complete Cateye Enduro 8 for $23 including shipping. So I ordered the complete kit from Ebay. That way I have a complete computer replacement, wheel magnet, battery etc for just $6.55 more.

On December 31 I received the Cateye Enduro 8. I installed the bracket & sensor wire on January 01, 2011. Now I also have a spare wheel magnet and computer.

Good instructions even in Chinese!

I used a rubber band tempoarily as a bracket.

Out with the old.

The old stuff.

The new stuff.

I used the old wire protector at the bottom near the fork.

All done.

No comments: