Sunday, August 10, 2008

Pack of Dogs

Today I rode 9.5 miles at Springton Manor Farm. It was a beautiful morning--- sunny and temperature in the low 60's. The Fantom 29 performed flawlessly-- good climbing a smooth shifting.

One item of interest happened during the ride. Usually there is nobody else on the trails at 8:00 am on Sundays. I was going pretty fast on a downhill when I came around the corner and there was a pack of dogs! There was a woman with nine big dogs (only two of them were on leashes). They started quite a commotion when they saw me.


I was so startled that I didn't even get a picture. The woman was able to gather them up quickly and move on up the trail. I did ask her if all the dogs were hers and she said she was pet sitting.











Bartol Trail at park boundary looking southwest.














South end of park old farm entrance.
















There is a butterfly house at Springton Manor.

No comments: