Saturday, November 13, 2010

770 Miles: Rear Flat Tire

On Tuesday November 09 I did my normal weight lifting in my basement. I noticed that my rear tire was flat. It was OK when I rode the bike on Sunday.

This is my second rear tire flat. I last had one at 285 miles . So I rode 485 miles on this tube.





So I removed the tube and did my investigation as to the cause of the flat.







I put some air in the tube and then placed it in a bucket of water. The leak was readily identifyable with several bubbles per second of air leakage.


The leak is located at a seam which is a weak spot. I have had other tubes fail at the seams.
The tube was a CST made in china 93127111.


I am replacing the tube with a Slime Smart Tube that I had purchased previously at PricePoint. These should hold up a lot better. I now have the smart tubes on both the front and rear tires.

2 comments:

FraSiec said...

ya, if you have tube tires you got to have slime tubes out here.

Ezy Cash for Cars said...

t is really an amazing article! thanks for the informative blog. I am highly impressed by your site with an informative blog and knowledge sharing. Kudos to the writer. You can also check with us if there is any need of selling your old cars into good hands well you are on the right way. Call us right away we will be obliged to serve you.