Friday, October 10, 2008

Replacement Tubes

I did some research on tubes that would be flat resistant and decided to order some Slime Smart Tubes at PricePoint. They are only $5.98, so only $2 more than regular tubes. I think the slime would stop the types of leaks I had so far. The only downside seems to be the extra weight which is not much of a concern to me.



On October 05 I ordered the tubes. They arrived October 10. I won't install them preemptive, rather I will wait until I get another flat. Both tires now have PricePoint regular tubes so I will see how they hold up.

1 comment:

FraSiec said...

You did the right thing. I can't ride without slime in my tubes. However, you could got by with just the slime and put it in your tubes yourself. Schraeder valves are easy. However, if you have presta tubes lord help you putting anything like slime in. Just buy the smart tubes.