Saturday, April 19, 2008

What a day for a ride!!!

Today was an absolutely beautiful day for riding. Temperature was in the low 70's and it was nice and sunny. It was the first day this year that I rode with shorts.

I rode 9.5 miles today a Marsh Creek State Park. I did my usual route plus I rode the trail up to Cornog Quarry. It is the first time I took the Quarry trail and I must not have gone far enough because I did not see the quarry. I seemed to have done a big loop just short of the quarry and back down to the blue trail. This loop was really nice as it was among shady pine trees. There was also good variation in the terrain.

When I was going down the downhill trail near the dam I tried to hop over a downed tree and flipped over my handle bars. I was getting too over confident on the 29er. No real damage to me, just a bump on my left forearm and a scrape on my left leg. The Fantom 29 came through with no damage at all.

The Fantom 29 ride was flawless. With the trails being real dry I seemed to go a lot faster also.

No comments: