Sunday, June 29, 2008

Awesome Job Chester County Parks & Recreation !!!

In the last post I wrote about a downed tree on the Bartol Trail at Springton Manor Farm. I emailed the Park Superintendent at 12:33 pm on June 22. The Park Superintendent emailed me back at 8:57 am on June 23 and said he would take care of it. Today when I rode, the tree was moved off of the trail. Great job Chester County Parks & Recreation !

From their website:
Celebrating our 50th year!

The Chester County Parks & Recreation Board was constituted January 1, 1958 for the purpose of "coordinating and promoting park and recreation facilities for Chester County."
In 1962, Nottingham County Park was the first park dedicated within the Chester County Park system. Since then, Hibernia (1963), Warwick (1973), Springton Manor Farm (1988) and Black Rock Sanctuary (2003) have been dedicated.
The Department presently manages over 4,500 acres of public parkland for passive recreation.


The Park system is great and there are several parks nearby. On my rode bike I have ridden to Warwick and Hibernia Parks. I also frequently use the Struble trail to go to Downingtown.

I rode 7.4 miles concentrating on my climbing. It was a good workout with the temperature already near 80 degrees before 9:00 am. Again the Fantom 29 performed flawlessly-- smooth shifting and good traction for the climbing.

I did make some slight adjustment to my brake levers and shifters. I have been feeling some discomfort in my wrists. I think that my wrists are still slightly bent back. I rotated the brake levers and shifters a few degrees toward the ground and it made a huge improvement. I will monitor this more to see if further adjustments are needed.

No comments: