Monday, February 25, 2008

Ordered Some Goodies

Yesterday I ordered some things for my bike from Nashbar.com. They were:

1 Nashbar 400mm Seatpost 27.2 $22.99
1 Cateye Enduro 8 Computer $23.95
1 Nashbar 29x1.9/2.3" Presta Atb Tube $5.99
1 Wheels Manufacturing Presta Savers $2.95
1 NASHBAR PRESTA VALVE ADAPTER $1.99
Ship Total : $9.25
Tax Total : $4.03
Grand Total : $71.15

I really need the seat post. I need to set the seat about 65 mm above the minimum mark on the existing post. So I am thinking that a 350 mm post should still be too small. The 400 mm should be good. I will do a full bike fit when I get the post and can set the seat at the right height since that is the first step in the procedure.

The Cateye Enduro 8 computer should be a good choice for a mountain bike http://www.cateye.com/en/product_detail/254
I think a cyclocomputer is a good idea so you can record how far you have ridden in a mileage log and also because it has a clock which is good on the trail since it is easy to lose track of time.

I also ordered a spare tube (just in case). I could only get a presta valve tube. The current tubes are schrader valve so I need to get a valve adapter and savers. The adapter allows you to use a regular compresser to fill your tires. The savers are a sleeve that you slip through the larger schrader rim hole when you are using a presta valve tube.

I debated whether or not to get a repair kit and seat bag but I think that is going to get real muddy and messy. If I got a flat I would need to walk the bike back to the car. I will have to think about this some more. For my fitness rides this would probably not be a problem, but if I go on longer trail rides I am sure I will need to carry the repair equipment.

No comments: