Friday, February 22, 2008

Starting assembly.

I am in no rush to assemble the bike. Based on how much of the bike is already assembled it should be quick. I am going to take my time and I will post some pictures about what to expect in the assembly process.

I did start assembly and noticed that the seat post is too short and I can not get a proper seat height. The bike comes with a 27.2 mm x 300 mm seat post. I probably need at least a 350mm seat post.

If you recall Karla at bikesdirect said " Please email me when the item arrives.I am happy to answer questions and address concerns." So had this email exchange:

My email dated 2/22/2008 10:20:14 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, :

Karla
Thanks for the information on bike assembly. it is very helpful.

I did receive my bike by UPS yesterday Feb 21.

The bike looks great! I am starting to assemble it. I did notice that the seat post is too short for me and I can't get a proper fit and keep the minimum post insertion.. It is a 27.2mm x 300 mm seat post.

Would it be possible for you to send me a longer replacement like a 27.2mm x 350mm or even better a 27.2mm x 400mm?

Bikesdirect response 02/22/2008 at 02:54 pm
hi mike,
we are so happy you love the bike.
unfortunately we do not sell parts here
but you can take a look at
www.bikeisland.com .
they have all parts and accessories and do not charge shipping fees.
have a great weekend : )
karla

Karla

Monday - Friday9a- 5p

I guess I am on my own. I will be getting a seat post. I usually order online from Nashbar or Performance Bikes. I will complete the assemble to see if there is anything else needed.

No comments: